About Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency
Welcome to the oldest fire department in Canada.
Since 1754, Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency (HRFE) has been dedicated to enhancing and preserving the quality of life and property. HRFE serves and protects 419,000 residents in a 5,577 km2 area – roughly the size of Prince Edward Island.
Career and volunteer fire crews at 51 fire stations throughout the Halifax region provide a full range of emergency services including:
- fire prevention (fire inspections and code enforcement, fire investigations and public fire safety education)
- fire suppression and rescue
- technical rescue (auto extrication, machinery, ice water, high-angle rope, trench, and confined space rescue, collapse rescue)
- hazardous materials response including chemical, biological, radioactive, nuclear, and explosive
- pre-hospital emergency medical services
- emergency management
Our members are dedicated to enhancing and preserving quality of life, property and environment through education, leadership, partnerships and effective response to emergencies to ensure the citizens of HRM live in safe, inclusive and welcoming communities.
Order your blue civic street number signs here https://www.halifax.ca/home-property/civic-addressing/civic-number-signs
In the Tantallon area call 902-826-1220
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.