We would like your help!
Please help us with maintaining a complete list of support groups for residents in the greater St. Margaret’s Bay area.
Residents: If you are looking for a support group that is not listed, please give our Seniors Information Centre a call at 902-820-3344 (Open Tues & Thus, 10-2) or email InformationCentre@BaySeniors.ca.
Providers: If you are involved with setting-up, managing or providing a support group in the area, please let us know the details by telephone at 902-820-3334 or by email to InformationCentre@BaySeniors.ca. including what information should be published on the website. We also recommend that support groups be listed in our Local Services Directory – information can be submitted using our online webform.
- St. Margaret’s Bay Dementia Caregivers Support Group (Alzheimer Society): The support group meets on the second Monday evening of each month from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at St. Luke’s United Church, Upper Tantallon, NS. Please contact Gerald Barbor at 902-823-2374 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.
- Bridgewater Caregivers Support Group (Alzheimer Society): Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Ryan Hall, 313 Hollingsworth Drive, Bridgewater, NS. For more information please call: Joan Parks-Hubley, 902-523-1614
- Chester Caregivers Support Group (Alzheimer Society): Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. For more information please call: Joan Parks-Hubley, 902-523-1614
- Toll free information and referral line for Maritime Region: 1-800-663-2468, between Monday and Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, or email to email@example.com
- St. Margaret’s Bay, Barb Aris, 902-876-0588
- Halifax Type 1 Parents Support Group. Contact: Autumn Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diabetes Care Program of Nova Scotia
- Type 1 Parent Support Group, for parents/guardians of children with type 1 diabetes. Contact Autumn Bell for more information: email@example.com or at (902)-440-4700
General Caregiver Support:
- Caregiver Support Group, Caregivers NS – Meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Aspotogan Heritage Trust, Hubbards. For more information call Jennifer Briand at 902-521-5592 or 1-877-488-7390.
- VON Breakaway Adult Day Program: Half-day program in Tantallon – Thursdays, 12:30-3:30 p.m. at St. Nicholas Anglican Church, 29 Westwood Boulevard, Upper Tantallon. The cost is $12 per session. For more information or to register for Breakaway, please contact Jenny Theriault, VON Greater Halifax’s Breakaway Program Coordinator, at 902-455-6393 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org