Development within the Municipality of Chester, including construction, renovation, demolition, or change of use, may require one or more permits from the Municipality. The permits you need will depend on the location and scope of the project. Application forms for all permits are available at the Community Development Office, or can be downloaded from this website and dropped off at our office.
A building permit ensures buildings are constructed using the proven safety standards and materials of the National Building Code. A building permit addresses how a structure is built and is required in all zones, regardless of whether a development permit is needed. A building permit may be required for any construction projects in the Municipality, including:
- New houses, relocations of homes including modular homes, mini homes, and mobile homes
- New additions made to any home or building
- Single storey garages or accessory buildings more than 215 square feet
- Structural repairs or renovations
- Material renovations exceeding $5,000 in value
- Structures requiring power connection
- Changes in the use of an existing building (i.e. single-family residence to multi-unit residence or residential use to commercial)
- Structure demolitions
Once a building permit is issued, building inspections will be required at various stages of construction. Once the final inspection is completed, an occupancy permit is issued to the property owner.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.